Originally from Coleman, Wisconsin, Peter's golf career started at Baylor University followed by a pursuit of a professional career on the American mini tours and Asian Tours.
In the early 80's, Peter's teaching career was started by pursuing membership in the PGA of America and began teaching at various facilities in Minnesota and in 1990, developed Peter Krause Golf.
In 2008, Peter went to work for Hank Haney and became the Director of the Hank Haney International Junior Golf Academy for 3 years and in 2011, became the Director of the Hank Haney Academy at
Castle Hills. During his time with Hank, he has instructed over 1000 juniors and worked with 25 professionals.
Thru out his career, Peter‘s teaching philosophy and style has been influenced by some of the game's great teachers: Hank Haney, John Jacobs, Jim Flick, Craig Shankland, John Fleming and Bill Israelson.
- 2005 PGA Teacher of the Year
- GOLF Magazine Top 100 Teacher
- PGA Master Professional in Instruction
- 6 time Minnesota PGA Teacher of the Year
- Golf Digest Best in State – Minnesota, South Carolina and Texas
- Teacher to champions from junior golf to Champions Tour players, including Graham Marsh, 1997 US Senior Open Champion
- 2012 North Texas Senior PGA Match Play Champion
- 2007 US Senior Open participant
- 2004 Minnesota Senior State Open champion
- 2004 Minnesota PGA Senior Player of the Year
- Winner – Minnesota PGA Match Play and Minnesota PGA CPC Qualifier
- Sectional Medalist – US Open qualifier - US Senior Open